Wine, Wildlife, Shores & More in W. Australia
Visit top attractions in Perth & Fremantle, sip wine in the countryside, watch for wildlife on a dolphin cruise & so much more!
About Your Trip
Get ready for adventure — and have your camera ready! — as you traverse city and seaside landscapes in and around sun-soaked Perth, Australia. Your first tour brings you to Kings Park, one of the largest urban parks in the world covering 990 acres (400 hectares). Continue to Elizabeth Quay, a new recreational development along Perth’s riverfront. Then, at Cottesloe Beach, you can spend some time walking along the beach and taking in ocean views before you head to the historic port city of Fremantle. You’ll stop at the Round House — the oldest public building in Western Australia — and the Fishing Boat Harbour, where you can stroll by the water and check out statues representing the daily work of past fishermen. Before the day is over, visit the legendary Cappuccino Strip, home to trendy cafes, pubs, galleries, boutiques and more.
Back in Perth, why not spend your leisure time exploring the city at your own pace? You can marvel at the historic Swan Bells, take in Perth Museum and Art Gallery or try your luck at the casino at Crown Perth.
The next day, you’ll board a comfortable motor coach and set off southward to Busselton. Along the way, keep an eye out for wildlife during a dolphin cruise that includes lunch — local fish and chips! Back on land, you’ll visit a farmer’s market next before heading to your final stop at historic Busselton Jetty, home to an underwater observatory.
Your tour on Day 5 is all about wine! Head to 2 premier estates and delight in some of the best wines in the region. Afterward, you’ll have a chance to pet and feed kangaroos, lambs and more at Sunflowers Animal Farm. Spend the following day in Margaret River, a region of verdant valleys, million-year-old limestone caves and world-class surf breaks. At Canal Rocks, you’ll marvel at the geographic wonder of craggy granite rocks that have formed a canal. Continue to the town of Margaret River where you can stroll the quaint downtown before heading back to Perth at the end of your fun and fascinating journey.
What we love:
• Kings Park is visited by over 5 million people every year; its botanic gardens feature rich flora and over 320 varieties of plants.
• At Elizabeth Quay, you’ll find amazing art including colorful mosaics and structures like the “Spanda,” a 95-foot (29-meter) sculpture that represents the rippling waters of the Swan River.
• Busselton Jetty is the world’s second-longest wooden pier, stretching about 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) out to sea. Visitors can take a charming electric train from one end to the other.
• Expect crashing waves at Canal Rocks! Over millions of years, the powerful force of water carved out a narrow channel in the rocks, hence its name.
• Get your fill of sunshine in Perth — it’s the sunniest capital in the world, averaging about 8 hours of sunshine every day.