Glacier Bay Sailing from Seattle to Vancouver
On this cruise aboard the Carnival Legend®, embark from Seattle, Washington, and enjoy sights of towering mountains, rustic wilderness and breathtaking fjords as your ship cruises up the Alaskan coastline into majestic Glacier Bay.
The first port on your journey is north in Juneau, Alaska. Head to downtown Juneau to see Gold Rush-era buildings and the city’s first saloon, Imperial Bar. Next, it’s off to Skagway, Alaska, a town steeped in Gold Rush history and known today for panoramic sightseeing in vintage trains along the White Pass & Yukon Route railroad.
Then, sit back and relax on the ship deck as you sail to and through Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and you’ll be captivated by the massive glaciers, mountains and fjords. Make sure to bring binoculars so you can see as much as possible from aboard the ship.
Heading back to land, the next port on your journey is Ketchikan, Alaska, the “salmon capital of the world,” where you can admire totem poles in the park or have a meal at the renowned Alaska Fish House. After a final day at sea, conclude your journey and disembark in Vancouver, the largest city in British Columbia.• The ship will travel along the Inside Passage, a scenic protected waterway. It is one of just a few in the world where cruise ships can sail so close to mountain walls.
• Skagway is known by the Tlingit as Skagua, meaning windy place.
• A Glacier Bay park ranger will board the ship to help you get the most out of your cruise through the national park, providing interesting information and help spotting wildlife.
• 8 days and 7 nights on a Glacier Bay, Alaska, cruise aboard the Carnival Legend®.
• Complimentary breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks are provided on board. Experience fine dining in the main dining room, and casual dining at a variety of times and locations throughout the ship. Some dining options, including specialty restaurants, are offered at an additional charge.
• 3 pools and 4 whirlpools/hot tubs.
• Access to an adults-only retreat.
• Access to spa and fitness center, with treatments and classes at an additional cost.
• Family-friendly programming and activities, including shows, games, contests and enrichment classes.
• Complimentary entertainment in the 15 bars, clubs and lounges on board.
• Access to casino.
• Onboard Wi-Fi (for an additional charge) and flat-screen TVs in each stateroom.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.